Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 5 hours | Total time: 5 hours 15 mins |
serving size: 10-12 | Materials: 7 Quart Crockpot, cutting board, knife, measuring utensils | Your favorite Chili bowl
This is a crockpot recipe, the beauty in that is you can set it and forget it! Well.. sort of. 😅
1. Add all ingredients to the crock pot without bay leaves
2. Stir the contents so they are evenly distributed
3. Cook on high for 3 hours and stir occasionally.
4. After 3 hours, add bay leaves and continue cooking on high for 2 hours stirring occasionally. 5. Serve after 5 hours of slow cooking goodness
6. This meal can be served atop rice, with crackers, with cornbread or just by itself. You can even dice an avocado and serve it on top for added flavor.
This recipe was a definite hit with my family and coworkers. All items that are underlined are hyperlinked to the exact product used. Let me know in the comments below if you liked this recipe or modified it any.
Till next time,
Hello world! I am Chérie Jade, I am passionate about promoting a holistic lifestyle and encouraging preventative practices for day to day healthy living.