Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 1hr Inactive Time: 10 mins Total Time: 1 hr 20 minutes Servings: 4-6
materials: large pot, medium skillet, small bowl, cutting board, cutlery
The original, long lasting family meal, "Spaghetti," I've figured out how to make it deliciously vegan!
1 packs of Gardein™ meatless crumbles
1/2 green, 1/2 red and 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 white onion, diced
1 and 1/2 Jars of Tomato Basil Sauce Organic
1 can of RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
Dried basil flakes
Red Pepper flakes
1 packet of Sazón
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
1. In a large pot, cook spaghetti pasta in boiling water until tender. Once the pasta has finished boiling, strain then set to the side for later. (Tip: lay a wooden spoon over the pot of boiling pasta to prevent overflow and add a little olive oil to the pot of water to prevent noodles from sticking)
2. In a medium skillet, sauté onions and peppers in olive oil for 10 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add Sazón, cayenne pepper and black pepper to the mix, then stir
4. Once peppers are sautéed, add in Gardein™ meatless crumbles, stir for 10 minutes or until cooked.
5. Add in RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies. Stir and let the meat sauce simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Stir in dried basil flakes, red pepper flakes, italian seasoning, and tomato basil sauce. Let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
8. Serve over cooked spaghetti .
9. Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro. (optional)
This recipe is absolutely delicious, cheap and it will serve as a great meal prep option!
The best part is, it tastes just like the original turkey/beef spaghetti (for all the non-vegans 😊).
I hope you all enjoy!
Till next time,
*this recipe contains soy products, please use caution if you have soy allergies*
Hello world! I am Chérie Jade, I am passionate about promoting a holistic lifestyle and encouraging preventative practices for day to day healthy living.