Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 2hrs Inactive Time: 15 mins Total Time: 2 hr 30 minutes Servings: 10
materials: large soup pot, small bowl, measuring utensils, cutting board, cutlery
You can put whatever veggies (or beans) you would like in your soup, from seasonal veggies to frozen veggies. Here's a list of the ones that I used.
1. Boil dried black eyed peas in 4 cups of water for 30 minutes at medium-high heat.
2. To boiling water, add diced pumpkin, mixed vegetables, carrot, pumpkin soup mix and cock soup mix.
4. Add drained can of corn, onion, chili, bell pepper, garlic and bay leaves.
5. Boil on medium heat for 30 minutes.
7. Add 4 more cups of water, Adobo, black pepper, red pepper flakes, coconut cream, vegan butter, then stir.
8. Boil for 30 minutes
9 Lastly, add dumplings and let boil for 20 minutes.
*To make dumplings get a small bowl and knead together flour, salt and 1 cup of water. The dough that forms should not be too sticky or watery. If the dough is too sticky or watery add more flour accordingly. Pinch off pieces of the dough, roll into a ball and add to the pot.*
10. Once dumplings have gotten firm, simmer for 10 minutes.
11. Let cool for 15 minutes, then serve.
Note: pumpkin will melt out into the water, adding flavor and color to the mix.
Some of the ingredients I've added links to them for you all.
Let me know if you tried this recipe in the comments below.
Till next time,
*this recipe contains dried peas, please use caution if you have certain allergies*
Hello world! I am Chérie Jade, I am passionate about promoting a holistic lifestyle and encouraging preventative practices for day to day healthy living.