Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Total time: 40 mins | Serving size: 24 baked cups | Materials: measuring utensils, two medium sized mixing bowls, one small bowl, whisk, cutting board, knife, cupcake wrappers, cupcake/muffin baking pan, wooden spoon
The healthy "muffin" recipe you have been waiting for!
A fun and exciting recipe to try with children. Redefining how we look at oatmeal. :)
Majority of the ingredients are from Aldi. Some ingredients are hyperlinked to show the specific brand used.
Produce & Nuts (you can use any mix of fruits that you would like, but here is what was used)
1 granny smith apple diced
4 bananas (can substitute for 1 cup of applesauce)
1/4 cup of blueberries
2 tbsp of raspberries
2 tbsp of ground or milled flaxseed
2 tbsp of unsalted almond slices
3 cups of rolled, old-fashioned oats
Spices & Baking
1 tsp baking powder
1 bag of semi-sweet, dairy free chocolate chips
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tbsp of brown sugar
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup of oat milk (almond milk works too)
4 tbsp of almond butter (or smooth peanut butter)
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In one of the two medium-sized mixing bowls, add in the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, sea salt, and baking powder. Combine the ingredients with a wooden spoon then set to the side.
3. In the other medium-sized mixing bowl, add in the ground or milled flaxseed then add in the milk. Whisk together flaxseed and milk mixture until flaxseed are evenly dispersed in the milk.
4. Let the milk-flaxseed mixture sit for 5 minutes
5. Prepare your fruits! Wash the produce and set aside. Dice the granny smith apples with the skin on. Peel and mash out the bananas in a separate small bowl.
6. Add the mashed bananas, nut butter, vanilla extract, and maple syrup to the milk-flaxseed mixture. Mix thoroughly until the mixture is smooth.
7. Pour the milk-flaxseed mixture into the bowl with the oats.
8. Fold all the ingredients together using your wooden spoon. Yay! your batter is done!
9. Prepare your muffin baking pan with muffin liners
10. Add your toppings! In the empty bowl you used for your milk-flaxseed mixture, add *some* of your first topping (e.g. chocolate chips). Scoop some of the batter on top of the chocolate chips. Mix toppings and batter together.
11. Slowly scoop the batter-topping mixture into muffin wrappers lined baking pan.
12. Sprinkle extra toppings on top of each muffin.
13. Repeat steps 10-12 for each additional topping!
15. Cool for 10 minutes and serve! They taste great at room temperature or warm.
That's it! Simple, quick, and fun to make! What makes this recipe the most fun is it sparks creativity. You can mix and match toppings to add to each oatmeal cup! These oatmeal cups are great on their own, but can be served with vanilla-flavored yogurt for a nice breakfast or your favorite whipped topping for dessert. I thoroughly enjoyed making these cute oatmeal cups and hope you enjoy making them too!
We will be sharing more healthy dessert recipes for you all to enjoy, in the meantime, check out our other recipes by following this LINK.
Till next time,
Hello world! I am Chérie Jade, I am passionate about promoting a holistic lifestyle and encouraging preventative practices for day to day healthy living.