Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Makes 30+ large cookies
materials: non-stick cookie sheet, electric mixer, spatula, whisk, two large bowls, measuring utensils.
One of my favorite sweet treats and now I've figured out how to make them VEGAN! (shhhh, don't tell anyone 😉 & the best part about it... these cookies don't 'taste' one bit vegan.)
• 1 cup coconut oil, solid (be sure it is not melted at all) and 1/2 cup canola oil
• 2 and 1/2 cups dark brown sugar & 2 and 1/2 cup white sugar
• 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
• 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 4 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (unbleached)
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 4 cups vegan chocolate chips (Nestle Toll House)
• sea salt
*Disclaimer: If the dough appears too sticky, add a little more flour, one tablespoon at a time; if the dough appears too dry, add a tablespoon of coconut milk a little at a time. Also if you would prefer to make less cookies, half the recipe to get 15 or so cookies.*
These cookies were an instant hit with my family! Leave a comment below if you've tried this recipe. Everything in moderation.
Till next time,
*this recipe contains coconut products, please use caution if you have coconut allergies*
Hello world! I am Chérie Jade, I am passionate about promoting a holistic lifestyle and encouraging preventative practices for day to day healthy living.